Every member shares a portion of the food which is received from Gleaners of Clackamas County (GCC) with an adoptee. An adoptee is a low-income household in Clackamas county that is unable to obtain food on its own due to disability or advanced age. As each member recieves a bounty of food, there is plenty to share amongst both households. Unless a member is located near the team site, it is recommended that each member have transportation in order to obtain their foods from the team site and share a portion of the foods, which the member receives, with their adoptee.
A team is a group of members located in a particular area of the county. Each member of GCC is part of a team and receives food at a site in his/her local area; known as a team site. There are several teams located throughout the county.
Each member helps the organization to function by providing service to the organization on an ongoing basis. This service can be performed in a variety of ways which include, but are not limited to, hauling food loads from the warehouse to a team site for distribution to local members, helping to break down a team load for individual members at a team site, and/or working at the warehouse to set up food loads for the teams.
- Each prospective member contacts a team in their local area.
- The team informs a prospective member of the team's rules and requirements.
- Every member agrees to abide by the rules, bylaws, policies, and procedures of the organization.
- Each prospective member obtains an adoptee. (Please review the information above regarding adoptees.)
- Each prospective member completes a membership application with their adoptee. Applications are available from the corporate office/warehouse and many of the teams.
- The application is returned to the team treasurer along with membership dues and application fees. Dues are paid in advance at the rate of $20 per month. The team treasurer should issue a receipt for every payment when he/she recieves it from a member or prospective member.
- Due to the amount of effort, including time and paperwork, necessary to process applications, there is a $5 non-refundable application fee which is also paid when you join.
- The application fee and monthly dues should be paid by a check or money order that is made out to Gleaners of Clackamas County, Inc.
If you would like more information about Gleaners of Clackamas County, Inc., please contact us. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.